First Adsense

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Dream come true"

Its been a while since I've written and so much has happened since then...I want to tell you it all in addition to the all the other things I want to share.....I'll try my best to consolidate!


The week has been insane for me. As soon as I arrived here, the team was ready for me to jump right in and play immediately..well obviously, they are 5 months into the season already.  As a point guard you take on the job of having to know the plays to a tee, the girls and the way they play, time and situation, and just being a coach on the floor. That is a lot to ask of someone who just arrived, but I was up to the task before even arriving here. Besides, I've been a point guard since I started playing basketball, this is what I do!


That's difficult enough in itself, like I said in my "Introduction" post..lets add in your personal life and it FEELS as though no one else in the world is dealing with as many things as you are at once. (Which is most likely furthest from the truth) 


The title of my blog is LOVE&baskidneyball and I have been contemplating how I am going to address the "LOVE" part of my life without exposing so much of what I believe should be something people keep between them and that special person, but that is just my opinion. I'm thinking how do I share what I know without doing that, so I came up with this...


If you haven't already, you will learn that the basketball world both men and women combined is it's own community.  The longer your in it, the smaller it truly grows-from college even into the professional level.  We know each other, relate to each other, become fans of each other, and because of this, we inevitably date one another! Basketball is a grind! The level of competition has only become increasingly better over the years while the players are only becoming more skilled. Sometimes you just can't afford to take 6 months off and expect another opportunity. Some of us can't afford to waste our time so consumed in a relationship that you lose focus in your own dreams. It happens, I've seen it. I did this when I felt like my life fell apart for me. I let a relationship encourage me find good reasoning in the decision I made about not going overseas, and he didn't encourage me otherwise. I often think without that would I have been able to fight that urge to quit off. As time went on I only grew to realize that he was only another REALLY negative factor in my life. Somehow, in the strange way the world works, when I eliminated that-(which was a fight till the end), my fight towards another basketball career begun. So I am extremely gracious for this opportunity because like I said before, it doesn't always work in your favor.  


The thing is, things like this can linger. I'm grateful to have learned from this and to now been only focused on Dawn and what I can do to better me and make MY OWN dreams come true.


So when I got "THAT" random phone call this weekend (like..."so OH now because I'm back on track")..I knew exactly what to do..I had better things to worry about, I could only think....




 ...SUNDAY IS GAMEDAY!! My first game day since we lost to Oklahoma in the first found of the NCAA tournament, by far the worst game of my college senior year by the way when my team needed me most, single elimination, with the world watching..UGH!!!! Anyway...yea BUTT the first game was great! The feeling of GAMEDAY is one universal feeling that I think all athletes understand. Feelings of excitement, anxiousness, concentration, and determination are bouncing around all in the pit of your stomach. Then, the whistle blows, the game starts and its gone and before you know it the game is over and your either celebrating or not depending on the outcome. 


Well...We won by 40 and for my first performance on this team as the starting pt guard, I played well and I look forward to growing with these girls during my stay here in Vienna! It's just the beginning of a "Dream come true"



No comments:

Post a Comment